When you're selling a home the professional photography you get done is incredibly important for the prospective buyers.
Since the majority of buyers do their research online, these photos they see will form their all important first impression.
After years of experience selling houses, we've got some simple advice and steps you can take to ensure that you get the best photos and ultimately - the best price for your home.
Watch our short video below to see the visual impact that these simple steps can have on your photos!
- Remove vehicles from driveway
- Clean up leaves outside
- Remove rubbish bins out of the way
- Take covers off your BBQ and give it a clean
- Remove any extra cooking clutter or food from kitchen benches
- Remove any magnets or photos from the refrigerator
- Tidy away any pet bowls so they aren't on display
- Put away shoes and boots that are outside or on decks/patios
- Take all personal items out of your bathrooms (pop in a box out of sight)
- Put away extra appliances to free up bench space
- Remove any washing off the line.
- Final tip: remember buyers want to imagine your home as their own! For this reason its important to minimize the amount of personal items you have on show - such as family photographs.
If you'd like any advice on preparing your home for sale, or aspects such as home staging then please contact us. We also have a range of free resources available in our library on preparing your home for photography and before an open home.
- Full list of blogs
New Market Report, get updated suburb information! Manawatu market still strong Feilding Real Estate Market Snapshot - May 2020 Palmerston North Real Estate Market Snapshot - May 2020 Palmerston North Median Rental Prices: December 2019 - May 2020 New Suburb Market Reports Feilding Real Estate Market Snapshot - April 2020 Palmerston North Real Estate Market Snapshot - April 2020 Palmerston North Median Rental Prices: November 2019 - April 2020 Covid-19 Level 2 Feilding Real Estate Market Snapshot - March 2020 Palmerston North Real Estate Market Snapshot - March 2020 Palmerston North Median Rental Prices: October 2019 - March 2020 Real Estate Market During Lockdown FREQUENTLY ASKED COVID-19 Questions (NZPIF) COvid 19 Level 4 Updates Handy resources for you to help with Covid-19 Covid 19 Level 2 Updates Feilding Real Estate Market Snapshot - February 2020 Palmerston North Real Estate Market Snapshot - February 2020