When you're selling a home the professional photography you get done is incredibly important for the prospective buyers.
Since the majority of buyers do their research online, these photos they see will form their all important first impression.
After years of experience selling houses, we've got some simple advice and steps you can take to ensure that you get the best photos and ultimately - the best price for your home.
Watch our short video below to see the visual impact that these simple steps can have on your photos!
- Remove vehicles from driveway
- Clean up leaves outside
- Remove rubbish bins out of the way
- Take covers off your BBQ and give it a clean
- Remove any extra cooking clutter or food from kitchen benches
- Remove any magnets or photos from the refrigerator
- Tidy away any pet bowls so they aren't on display
- Put away shoes and boots that are outside or on decks/patios
- Take all personal items out of your bathrooms (pop in a box out of sight)
- Put away extra appliances to free up bench space
- Remove any washing off the line.
- Final tip: remember buyers want to imagine your home as their own! For this reason its important to minimize the amount of personal items you have on show - such as family photographs.
If you'd like any advice on preparing your home for sale, or aspects such as home staging then please contact us. We also have a range of free resources available in our library on preparing your home for photography and before an open home.
- Full list of blogs
Palmerston North Median Rental Prices: July 2019 - December 2019 Feilding Real Estate Market Snapshot - December 2019 Palmerston North Real Estate Market Snapshot - December 2019 9 Crucial questions to ask your Property Management company Palmerston North Median Rental Prices: May 2019 - October 2019 Feilding Real Estate Market Snapshot - October 2019 Palmerston North Real Estate Market Snapshot - October 2019 Your chance to WIN one of 10 hams for Christmas Are you moving in 2020? We can look after your home... Manawatu Homeowners... have you got your updated rateable value? WARNING! How to avoid choosing the wrong property manager Palmerston North Median Rental Prices: April 2019 - September 2019 Feilding Real Estate Market Snapshot - September 2019 Palmerston North Real Estate Market Snapshot - September 2019 Home staging - see the amazing before and after photos! Our Free Marketing Resources How much would your home rent for in Palmerston North? Preparing your home for professional photography Palmerston North Median Rental Prices: March 2019 - August 2019 Feilding overtakes Palmerston North! (is the secret out?)